C. Elegans Kit
In order for the Kit to be affordable and mass producable, we needed the Kit to be low cost and easy to assemble. We resourced off shelf components and open-source 3D-modeling to create our own versions of standard laboratory equipment and thus lower production costs. GaTech 3D printing self-services are now available and will be used for kit design.
- Agar plates with and without E. coli
- Strains: N2, rol-9, unc-54, mau-7 IV−28 qm56 (supplier https://cgc.umn.edu/)
- Na+ Solution and pipettes
Smartphone Microscope Features:
Designed from original open-sourced model Smartphone Microscope by EvoLabs
- 3D-Printed phone holder for stable imaging
- Adjustable z-axis stage
- Acrylic plate holder
- Wingnuts for height adjustments
- Calibration sticker for accurate height adjustment
- Lens with Various Magnifications
- Light box
Worm tracking programs extract features to identify strains or other things of interest (i.e. frequency, amplitude, curvature, etc.).
Students can gain a hands on experience in collecting data and partially analyzing the data as well.